Super Lucky's Tale was a pretty fun 3D platformer for PC and Xbox One that launched two years ago, all in the style of classic games in the genre like Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie. It sold pretty well and enjoyed some success on Xbox Game Pass, but it's fair to say that it deserved better.
And now, two years after it first dropped on Xbox One, New Super Lucky's Tale has been announced for Nintendo Switch, and it has the chance to do just that. Paul Bettner, founder and CEO of Playful Studios, explained thus:
"We always planned to bring Lucky to Nintendo Switch - it's a fantastic console and the perfect fit for Lucky's adventures. But we realized we had a great opportunity to improve on everything that has come before. Led by feedback from our passionate community, New Super Lucky's Tale is a platforming adventure that measures up to the most beloved games of the genre and the best way to experience Lucky's story yet."
The game is built on the same foundations as Super Lucky's Tale, and a full list of what has been added to New Super Lucky's Tale can be found below the new E3 trailer and the very first screenshots. Will you give this one a chance on Switch?
What's new in New Super Lucky's Tale? Nearly every aspect of the original has been revamped:
• Significant redesigns for most of the game's levels, with new environments, layouts, puzzles, secrets, quests, creatures, minigames and more, as well as new tutorial sections.
• New and upgraded moves like the slide and enhanced burrow, as well as more precise and responsive controls overall.
• Fully rotatable in-game camera, immensely improving player freedom and exploration.
• Expanded level progression system to allow players to more freely tackle stages and challenges in whichever order they choose.
• New story cinematics, characters and dialogue from start to finish.
• Numerous improvements to the game's art, lighting, UI, sound, music and more.