New Zelda figure unveiled: Link from Between Worlds
It's the fourth Link by Figma.
Many fans really loved the "back to roots" retro-design that inspired both the art-style and gameplay for the latest main entry in the Zelda series, the 2013 Nintendo 3DS game A Link Between Worlds. Now, the Figma brand by Japanese manufacturer Good Smile Company is building on that fan-service by creating a new high-quality articulated statue inspired by the protagonist's design and poses.
The Figma series of figurines is widely known amongst collectors, and has already conquered Nintendo fans' hearts with examples such as Samus Aran from Metroid universe, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Adult Link from Ocarina of Time or Young Link from Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker.
This new creation is as expressive as those just mentioned, and offers several trademark poses, including the semi-back-facing angle from the game's main official art.
Figma Link: A Link Between Worlds can be pre-ordered in a few Japanese retailers and comes out in August. There's standard and deluxe versions, the latter including the two items highlighted in italics:
• Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
• He comes with both a confident smiling expression as well as a more serious glaring expression.
• His Master Sword and Hylian Shield are both included as optional parts.
• A sheet featuring the illustration of the wall merged Link is also included.
<i>• The deluxe edition includes a Tornado Rod, Hookshot, Bomb and Baby Maiamai.
• Two popular items from the Legend of Zelda series are also included - a Rupee and a Pot.
• An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.</i>
"Yes, it's an experience dipped heavily in nostalgia. It offers few surprises to the franchise formula. But it's the strongest entry in the top-down branch of the series since, well, A Link to the Past."