IO Interactive has released the Xbox One X patch for Hitman, that got new content and a GOTY edition this week, offering two modes either focusing on higher resolution and image quality or higher framerate (60 FPS). Interesting to note that this will be the first time an IO developed titles runs at 60 FPS on any console. There are also improvements across both modes, namely to do with texture sampling.
Below are some handy points provided by IO Interactive detailing the upgrades:
• Native 4k in High Quality Mode - this gives the best possible image quality and it's truly a sight to behold. Haven't upgraded to a 4K screen yet? Not a problem - anyone who owns a 1080p screen will also see vastly improved visual fidelity as the 4K image, including all the new details and pixel density, will be scaled down, thanks to the magic of "supersampling".
• 60 FPS in High Framerate Mode - HITMAN targets a smooth 60 FPS and this will be the first time an IOI game is running at 60 FPS on any console.
• HDR - HITMAN already supports High Dynamic Range on the Xbox One S, giving a major boost to contrast ratio and color accuracy. In combination with our new color grading, re-designed skyboxes and improved HDR adaptation rules, HITMAN truly embraces the power of HDR TV's.
• Increased Shadow Details - In High Quality Mode, the game uses the extra GPU power of the Xbox One X to render shadows at twice the resolution, resulting in much more detail and an even more believable world for 47 to explore. Even shadows cast by small and delicate objects like tree branches or grass blades are now crisp and clearly drawn.
• Improved Texture Sampling for both modes, Texture sampling quality has been improved and we use 2GB of extra memory to store more textures and stream them faster and in at a higher resolution. This allows us to give more potential texture detail, and reducing the likelihood of low quality textures appearing.
If you want to check out what Hitman looks like in 4K there's this trailer over on Youtube.
Loading next content