It was all about the Xbox One in this week's British charts. A massive 80% of all home consoles sold this week were Xbox One and this new platform outsold the week 1 for Xbox 360 by a factor of 2, and ten of 16 Xbox One retail launch titles featured in the Top 40. On the back of being bundle with Xbox One FIFA 14 regained the number one spot.
All formats chart:
1. FIFA 14 / EA Sports
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts / Activision
3. Battlefield 4 / EA Games
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag / Ubisoft
5. Forza Motorsport 5 / Microsoft
6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes / Warner Bros.
7. Dead Rising 3 / Microsoft
8. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
9. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds / Nintendo
10. Ryse: Son of Rome / Microsoft
11. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition / Microsoft
12. Skylanders: Swap Force / Activision
13. Need for Speed: Rivals / EA Games
14. Just Dance 2014 / Ubisoft
15. Disney Infinity / Disney
16. Batman: Arkham Origins / Warner Bros.
17. WWE 2K14 / 2K Sports
18. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy / Nintendo
19. Tomb Raider / Square Enix
20. Pokémon X / Nintendo
If you take a look at the individual formats chart you'll get an even better idea of the impact the Xbox One launch had. Five out of the top six games on the chart was on Xbox One, with the two bundled Day 1 Edition games - Forza Motorsport 5 and FIFA 14 getting one and two.
Individual formats chart:
1. FIFA 14 / Xbox One
2. Forza Motorsport 5 / Xbox One
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts / Xbox 360
4. Battlefield 4 / Xbox One
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts / Xbox One
6. Dead Rising 3 / Xbox One
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts / PS3
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds / Nintendo 3DS
9. FIFA 14 / Xbox 360
10. Ryse: Son of Rome / Xbox One
Interestingly enough there are quite a few PS4 games on sale as well with Battlefield 4 (13th) and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (17th) debuting on this week's chart.