Revenue was down 25% in the US video game marked according to NPD Group in October. Topping the list was 2K Sports' NBA 2K13, followed by Resident Evil 6, and Pokémon Black 2. Last October had a couple of strong games like Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City, and it should be noted that while the retail numbers NPD track were down to $755.5 million for the month it was estimated that a total of $1.2 billion in revenue was taken in if you factor in digital sales, subscription and the likes.
Medal of Honor: Warfighter proved a commercial failure as well as a critical onw selling just around 300,000 copies in its first few days compared to more than a million for its predecessor two years ago.
Xbox 360 was the best selling for the 22nd months in a row, and Microsoft boasted that combined sales of Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories topped the combined numbers of PS3 and Wii hardware, software and accessories.
The combined strength of Assassin's Creed III, Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Wii U should be enough to swing November numbers up, but we'll see about that in a month's time.
Top selling US games in October:
1. NBA 2K13 / Multi / Take-Two
2. Resident Evil 6 / Multi / Capcom
3. Pokémon Black Version 2 / NDS / Nintendo
4. Dishonored / Multi / Bethesda
5. Pokémon White Version 2 / NDS / Nintendo
6. Madden NFL 13 / Multi / EA
7. FIFA 13 / Multi / EA
8. Medal of Honor: Warfighter / Multi / EA
9. Borderlands 2 / Multi / 2K Games
10. Skylanders Giants / Multi / Activision