Fans of Geralt of Rivia will once again be able to explore the fantasy universe of The Witcher, this time in a new game called Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. It comes in the form of a role-playing built around card battles and base management.
Apparently, it's going to offer a 30-hour experience and a story that "spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge."
According to CDPR, there are going to be 20 or so possible endstates to the game, 70-odd side quests, 250 single player cards (with 20 new cards for Gwent), and we'll be able to explore new regions in the Witcher universe.
Over on the official website the game can already be pre-ordered and some bonuses have been revealed:
• Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
• Digital version of Gwent: Art of the Witcher Card Game Artbook from Dark Horse
• Concept art, including the map of Lyria
• The Witcher graphic novel "Fox Children" by Dark Horse
• Two in-game Gwent: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
• Two in-game Gwent: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
• Five premium kegs for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
In addition to the announcement, a teaser trailer (see below along with all the screens we could find) was shared by CDPR. And now for the small print: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is scheduled for PC on October 23, and PS4 and Xbox One on December 4.