Paradox just announced the release date for the next expansion for their excellent strategy game, Crusader Kings II. The upcoming content drop is called The Reaper's Due, and it'll bring death and pestilence to the medieval sandbox title on August 25. As per usual, the expansion will be joined by a free update that'll include a bunch of balancing tweaks. Details on that front can be found below.
• New custom rules options at start up for epidemics, invasions, legal changes and so on,so you get the Middle Ages that you want.
• New options to auto-save the game at different time intervals
• A new interface for better understanding the death and succession of rulers
• Adjustments to how alliances work, including AI attitudes to disloyal allies
• Major improvements to game optimization
• "Continue" button on game launcher to get you to your map even faster
• New mod triggers to account for The Reaper's Due content
• Tons and tons of balance and gameplay tweaks, plus new events
• The new patch will also be available with the release of The Reaper's Due on August 25, 2016.