Trion Worlds today announced that MMO Rift will get its first expansion, Storm Legion, sometime this autumn.
The expansion will feature an increased level cap, two new continents, additional souls and a whole new storyline for gamers to experience, as they try to take down Crucia, the Queen of the Storms.
New features will include:
"A VAST NEW WORLD
• Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
• Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara ... and the gateway to the planes
• Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant
10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
• A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System - build the hero you want!
• Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
• Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more
BRAVE THE STORM
• Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
• Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
• Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with - and ravages - the world like you've never seen
MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more"
"The world of Telara is massive and sprawling, and players have only experienced a slice of what it has to offer," said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer and Trion's Chief Creative Officer.
"Storm Legion is the next chapter in the Rift adventure, and takes players deeper than ever before. The expansion offers players an incredible amount of content - new zones, huge overland boss fights featuring hundreds of players, and ‘Dimensions' a feature akin to housing that lets players socialize with friends in their own customizable space."
Loading next content