The Game Awards has come and gone for 2017, and the winners have all been announced. The biggest award of them all, the coveted Game of the Year, goes to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a game which also picked up the award for Best Game Direction.
The other games to pick up multiple awards were Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Best Performance by Melina Juergens, Audio Design, and Impact) and Cuphead (Art Direction, Independent, and Independent Debut).
Otherwise, it was a fairly even spread, with nods to What Remains of Edith Finch, Nier: Automata, Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, and Injustice 2. For a full list of the winners, keep on reading.
- Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo EPD / Nintendo)
- Best Game Direction - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo EPD)
- Best Narrative - What Remains of Edith Finch (Ian Dallas / Giant Sparrow)
- Best Art Direction - Cuphead (Studio MDHR Entertainment)
- Best Score / Music - Nier: Automata (Keiichi Okabe, Keigo Hoashi)
- Best Audio Design - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
- Best Performance - Melina Juergens, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (as Senua)
- Games for Impact - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
- Best Ongoing Game - Overwatch (Blizzard)
- Best Independent Game - Cuphead (Studio MDHR Entertainment)
- Best Mobile Game - Monument Valley 2 (ustwo games)
- Best Handheld Game - Metroid: Samus Returns (MercurySteam / Nintendo)
- Best VR/AR Game - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Capcom)
- Best Action Game - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (MachineGames / Bethesda)
- Best Action/Adventure Game - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo EPD / Nintendo)
- Best Role-Playing Game - Persona 5 (Atlus)
- Best Fighting Game - Injustice 2 (NetherRealm Studios / Warner Bros. Interactive Ent)
- Best Family Game - Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo EAD / Nintendo)
- Best Strategy Game - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Ubisoft Paris + Milan / Ubisoft)
- Best Sports/Racing Game - Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios / Microsoft Studios)
There was also a selection of votes settled by the wider gaming community, with The Last of Us Part II standing out as the most anticipated game, as well as recognition for Overwatch as an esports title.
- Most Anticipated Game - The Last of Us Part II (Naughty Dog / Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- Trending Gamer - Guy Beahm ("Dr. Disrespect")
- Student Game Award - Level Squared (Kip Brennan, Stephen Scoglio, Dane Perry Svendsen / Swinburne University)
- Best Debut Indie Game - Cuphead (Studio MDHR Entertainment)
- Best Esports Game - Overwatch (Blizzard)
- Best Esports Player - Lee Sang-hyeok "Faker" (SK Telecom 1, League of Legends)
- Best Esports Team - Cloud 9
- Chinese Fan Game Award - jx3 HD《剑网3》重制版 (Kingsoft Corporation)