British publisher (and incubator) Team 17 and Finnish developer Reinkout Games have announced physics-based multiplayer action puzzler Mugsters for release on PC and consoles next year.
It looks pretty hilarious in the first trailer (check it out below) as you'll be rescuing fellow Earthlings as our planet has been invaded by pesky aliens. Very tongue-in-cheek stuff.
Here are some handy bullet points to digest (along with that ice-cream, perhaps?):
• Fast Paced Action! - Tackle a variety of dangers across a series of ingenious levels. Watch out for alien abduction rays, rocket turrets and a myriad of traps whilst escaping the pesky invaders, who are forever on your heels.
• Physics! - Experiment with a physics-based, sandbox environment. Complete your objectives as you see fit, and throw in a few exploding barrels for good measure.
• Vehicles! - With more than 30 types of vehicles at your disposal; you can ram, lance, shred and shoot your way to freedom as you sock it to the extraterrestrial terrors.
• Puzzles! - It takes brains to survive these hostile islands. Use a mixture of explosives, traps and vehicles to save the humans, collect crystals and get the hell out. Just try not to run yourself over!
• Multiplayer! - Team up and take on this world-dominating menace with a friend. All the single player campaign missions are fully remixed for full two-player local co-op action!