Rally fans across the globe, rejoice. After developing and publishing Dirt Rally on their own, Codemasters is teaming up with Koch Media to deliver the next stage in the rally series, Dirt 4. The game is now officially announced, and it's coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on June 9.
This summer we'll get to compete in classic rally races based on the Colin McRae Rally games, rallycross, and various events in the mode Joyride. In addition to this we'll see a track editor called Your Stage, and according to Codemasters you simply need to select location and parameters and hit the button for it to be created. These can of course be used and shared with your friends, and Your Stage allows for more "challenging and technically challenging routes".
Here are the main features:
● Over 50 off-road vehicles including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
● Five rally places with millions of routes: Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales
● Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship - with races in Montalegre, Lohéac Brittany, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a variety of different series
● Landrush - Short Dirt Track Race in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro 4 trucks and cross-cart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
● Joyride: time racing, scrap racing, free play areas and exciting challenges to send them to friends
● Dirt Academy: DirtFish Rally School in Washington,
● Career Mode - Create a driver, complete all disciplines, successfully promote sponsorship, and build a team with clear goals and rewards
● Contests: Master daily, weekly and monthly challenges against friendly players around the world
● Next generation racer: live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform best-lists and improved CREST telemetry system
● Tuning: Improve setup based on vehicle, conditions and weather conditions
● Damage and repairs: Wear and damage are carried out with an improved damage model. Damage can be remedied by hiring engineers and mechanics for the service area of the team, but they have only a limited period of time to make repairs between the races
We've also received the announcement trailer in addition to a lot of screenshots, and they're all below for your viewing pleasure. It's been six years since Dirt 3 - are we long overdue another Dirt game in the main series?