It would seem not even a Shoryuken was enough dislodge Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 from number one on this week's UK retail charts as Treyarch's sales juggernaut gets its 11th week at number one (all formats - in spite of dropping 25% of last week's sales). The big release this week was Capcom's Street Fighter V and while managing to register the best-selling SKU of the week - it failed to beat Black Ops 3 when all versions were tallied up. In fact, Street Fighter Fighter V sold less in its first week than Street Fighter IV (PC/PS3/360) when it came out back in 2009.
The other newcomer in the top ten was Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon that managed a nith position in the all formats list and fourth for individual SKUs.
If you're curious about the all-time record for number of weekly number ones, Black Ops 3 still has some way to go to beat Who's Wants to be a Millionaire? that managed a staggering 18 weeks in 2000-2001.
All Formats (all prices):
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 / Activision
2. Street Fighter V / Capcom (new)
3. FIFA 16 / EA Sports
4. Lego Marvel Avengers / Warner Bros.
5. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
6. Star Wars Battlefront / EA Games
7. Fallout 4 / Bethesda
8. Rainbow Six: Siege / Ubisoft
9. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon / Nintendo
10. Minecraft: Story Mode / Telltale Games
Individual Formats (units):
1. Street Fighter V / PS4 new)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 / PS4
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 / Xbox One
4. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon / 3DS (new)
5. Star Wars Battlefront / PS4
6. FIFA 16 / PS4
7. Grand Theft Auto V / PS4
8. Star Wars Battlefront / Xbox One
9. FIFA 16 / Xbox One
10. Grand Theft Auto V / Xbox One