If you still like slaughtering Locust with chainsaws as much as we do, you'll surely be happy to learn that a major update of 5 GB will be released today for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. The Coalition says it will launch around 5:00pm GMT and it is mandatory if you want to play online.
Among other things, it will shorten the matchmaking load times and kills in Social playlists finally count towards the 'Seriously' achievement (we're still working on that one). The biggest single change has to do with the Boomshot, and the developer's describes the adjustments like this:
"At times, the Boomshot has had inconsistent performance. We've addressed a few of these items that should help the Boomshot perform more consistently - including a fix that should resolve the issue where the Boomshot fails to damage an enemy when fired at their feet. Thanks you to all our fans who provided detailed feedback and videos that helped us improve the way the Boomshot performs."
The full patch notes:
• Kills in Social playlists now also count towards the 'Seriously' achievement
• Improvements to Boomshot hit registration
• Addressed some matchmaking issues that caused long wait times
• Improvements to hit registration on downed enemies (sponging)
• Small improvements to the Left Trigger Issue
• Fixed hit detection when shooting an enemy in cover against the top pillars on Clocktower
• Removed POI on Right Stick for Alternate Control Scheme
• Bug fixes and general improvements
There are also other news regarding playlist changes and a new special event. Head over to the official homepage for a more in-depth description of the update.