It was a hard fought battle at the top of the British video games charts this week as we had three new releases in the top four. Sucker Punch Production's Infamous: Second Son managed to grab number one, and in doing so secured the first number one for a PS4 exclusive. It also had the second highest week one sales of any PS4 title - second only to Killzone: Shadow Fall at the PS4 release. In second place was Konami's Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - the prologue to the eventual full-on experience in The Phantom Pain. Interesting to note is that 58 percent of its sales came on PS4, with only 20 percent on Xbox One (according to GI.biz. Titanfall in third lost 73 percent of its first week sales, but still managed to beat new release Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3/Vita).
Another thing to note in the top ten is that Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has spent 35 of its 39 weeks on the chart in the top ten. Numbers typically only registered by the likes of FIFA if at all...
1. Infamous: Second Son / Sony
2. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes / Konami
3. Titanfall / EA Games
4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster / Square Enix
5. South Park: The Stick of Truth / Ubisoft
6. FIFA 14 / EA Sports
7. Dark Souls II / Bandai Namco Games
8. The Lego Movie Videogame / Warner Bros.
9. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare / EA Games
10. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition / Microsoft
11. Thief / Square Enix
12. Call of Duty: Ghosts / Activision
13. Battlefield 4 / EA Games
14. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag / Ubisoft
15. Lego Marvel Super Heroes / Warner Bros.
16. Yoshi's New Island / Nintendo
17. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
18. Aliens: Colonial Marines / Sega
19. Need for Speed: Rivals / EA Games
20. Rayman Legends / Ubisoft