There was an open beta for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition between June 15-23. In a blogpost, the game's developers revealed some interesting details and improvements that will make it into the game as a result.
For example, The Coalition are tuning the effects of multiple weapons and are also fixing some bugs found in various maps, weapons, matchmaking and so on. You can read the full list under the picture below.
During the eight days of beta there were a total of 41.2 million kills in the game, of which 1.6 million were done with the series' signature chainsaw. Players from 66 countries played over one million matches, and the total playing time equals around 120 years. 786,415 unique users participated in the beta.
- Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
- Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
- Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
- King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
- Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim
- Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
- Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
- Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
- Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
- Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
- Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls