Joystiq's Crowdfund Bookie reports that $23 million have been raised in successful crowdfunding campaigns on Kickstarter and IndieGogo over the last six months.
"In total, 186 different Indiegogo and Kickstarter video game projects earned $23,914,666 from the months of June through November."
The median campaign raised $25,188 while the average was significantly higher (as very successful campaigns skewed that number) at $128,573.
The most successful campaign during the period was Comcept's Mighty No. 9 that raised a whopping $3,845,170.
Here's the top ten:
1. Mighty No. 9 by Comcept - $3,845,170
2. Hex by Cryptozoic Entertainment - $2,278,255
3. Warmachine: Tactics by Privateer Press Strategy - $1,578,950
4. Obduction by Cyan Inc - $1,321,306
5. Massive Chalice by Double Fine - $1,229,015
6. Project Phoenix by Creative Intelligence Arts - $1,014,600
7. Armikrog by Pencil Test Studios - $974,578
8. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by WayForward - $776,084
9. Satellite Reign by 5 Lives Studio - $705,194
10. City of Titans by Missing Worlds Media - $678,189