Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português / Français / Nederlands
Gamereactor

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
newest
Atrás

Off-topic

Feel free to discuss anything not to do with games in ...

Last book you read?

Strategist
Strategist
Write here what book you read last or currently read. You can otherwise come with more suggestions.

The last book I read was Deaf Sentence by David Lodge. It's a very good book. Other than that I'm reading a lot of literature about the EU thanks to my University courses.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
I'm currently getting through the first of the Halo: Forerunner trilogy. It's not bad, but it ain't Iain M Banks.

Strategist
Strategist
I don't read much gaming-related literature. I read some Star Wars book that follows the first film I think, and it was a good book, so I'm not foreign to the idea, but I haven't read anything more like that. I'd like to read the Assassin's Creed-novels sometime though. And I read a lot of literature that is connected in time and theme only with the Total War series.
Also the former editor of Gamereactor in Norway wrote a book about gaming that I'm planning on reading someday.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
Gillen McAllister
Gillen McAllister
I've entire sequences of McCaffery, Gemmell, Feist, Hobb, Pratchett that I read as a tennager and remained in storage for over ten years before being excavated when I finally bought a place. Slowly going through them again and enjoying immensely.

However, last book(s) I've read are Henry Rollins Dark Coffee Blues Trilogy, a mixture of journals, interviews and columns on music and much more and eye-opening reads. Fully recommend them to anyone.

Strategist
Strategist
I just read the entire Hunger Games trilogy from Sunday to Wednesday. My younger sister recommended it, but also some friends my age, and the genre with that kind of dystopias has caught my interest before, so I gave it a chance. The first book, which has a movie adaption in cinemas from today, is actually pretty good. The characters are somewhat shallow and static, but it's a young adults book, so that was to be expected as those books usually are. The second and third book are good too, but far less than the first. They are sometimes too boring or too predictable, and some of the dramatic scenes aren't very well executed, as well as being almost repetitive. But they were well worth the read overall.

Benke
GR®
Benke
I've been really lazy when it comes to books lately - recently plowed Game of Thrones (first book), but hopefully my new iPad will encourage some improved reading habbits.

Bengt Lemne / Gamereactor
Strategist
Strategist
I'm reading God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens. A great book. I'll probably be reading Richard Dawkins' the God Delusion next, but I've also been planning to read the Bible for a second time, this time I'll read the King James version I think. It's one of the greatest works of fiction ever written.

Baltharan
Baltharan
A Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin. I've read all of Ice & Fire from Game of Thrones onwards, the funny thing is I don't actually enjoy reading them that much. I find the narrative can get dull and Martin can really labour some chapters but the world and characters are fantastic and its the draw of finding out what will happen next that keeps me going, I do kind of wish there was an abridged version though.

Strategist
Strategist
I've started reading a bit in the Q'uran, but I need to find a better translation before I'll start over.

PapaQ
PapaQ
I just finished reading A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge. It's awesome sci-fi, I would absolutely recommend it!

Strategist
Strategist
I'm about to start reading Dante's Divine Comedy. I don't usually like epics, but I had to check out this one.

captainbeardface
captainbeardface
pirates in an adventure with whaling by gideon defoe . its about pirates and whales and othe piractical stuf. high brow stuff

Mr Riddick
Mr Riddick
The latest book, I had read, was "Regnbuestenen", or "The Rainbow Stone" (my own translation), which is a fantasy novel only published in Danish. The book is written by Josefine Ottesen. She is a Danish writer, who mostly write books aimed for the teen audience. I had read several of her books, and continually wonder, why they have not been published in English. They are, in fact, very good.

A short summary: "The Rainbow Stone" is about an young, orphan girl named Leela. She is around thirteen or fourteen years old, cannot speak and do not have very many friends. She is considered a weirdo by the other youngsters around her. But she is very good at copying ancient scrolls, and soon discover, that there is something remarkable about her. Old fashioned, classic fantasy ...

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
Marching through A Song of Ice and Fire (nearing the end of A Storm of Swords). Watched the first season on the box, but preferring the novels if I'm honest.

Quote Baltharan:
I find the narrative can get dull and Martin can really labour some chapters but the world and characters are fantastic and its the draw of finding out what will happen next that keeps me going, I do kind of wish there was an abridged version though.

I know what you mean - the amount of time Martin discusses the food that they're eating and the designs on their clothes is pushing it a bit. Still persevering through though.

Palmer_Eldritch
Palmer_Eldritch
Started reading "The Road" by C. McCarthy and "The name of the Wind" by Rothfuss.
Lately finished "Ubik" - definitely not one of the best works by PKD, but a good book nonetheless. Personally I'd recommend "Flow My Tears The Policeman Said" or "The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch" when it comes to Philip K. Dick.

WhiteSponge
WhiteSponge
Been a while since I last read any books

derekdgreat
derekdgreat
I actually read books online. I mean I download them in my phone or kindle then start with 2 or 3 chapters then play again

The last one I've read were Treasure Island and Organic Foods. I'm not into reading a lot actually but when I like the title or the author, I begin to read for few hours daily.

kurrinen123
kurrinen123
Last book was Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters.
Really good book. First one was little better. But it is always in every book serie.

Quote WhiteSponge:
Been a while since I last read any books

I read almost every day, some book.

"being a hero is optional"
RyanTho
RyanTho
Sherlcok Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

baooer
David Burns' - Feeling Good

Guaranteed to make you feel good

JoLul
"My sisters keeper"

Jeffa
I am reading "Niceville" at the moment. Really good book!

Optikern
Man and boy

thomasbuckley
thomasbuckley
I read write my custom essay in last few days. the concept of that book was so much innovative and got so much knowledge about how to solve the academic problems related to your education.

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!