Trendy Entertainment have unleashed the latest update for their Dungeon Defenders II that's currently in an open alpha via Steam Early Access. The Harbinger Awakens that adds three new and returning maps as well as a new boss fight.
Here are some handy bullet points with the new content that's being added with The Harbinger Awakens:
• Three new and returning maps, as well as a thrilling boss battle aboard an airship against an old foe lurking in the shadows since the original Dungeon Defenders.
• Winter has come to the magical realm of Etheria, bringing with it snowy maps and special winter lockbox drops containing time-limited accessories like Santa hats, reindeer horns, chances at standard and holiday-themed costumes, and more.
• The path to level 50 is now significantly faster, and with the endgame content level requirement reduced to 40, players can hit endgame content even sooner.
• Loot drops have been reduced, but items now drop at higher qualities and specifically for the heroes players are using, with stats and passives targeted to particular builds.
• Shops now generate items directly relevant to a players' active hero.
Trendy Entertainment have yet to commit to a release date for the full version of the game, but the latest press release only points to sometime "in the future" on PC, Mac, Linux as well as PS4. The game will be free-to-play, but Trendy maintain they will be "ethical", which we suppose means they won't tip the scales in favour of players with deep pockets.