Codemasters has revealed that the Dirt Rally 2.0 World Championship is starting on September 10, in partnership with Motorsport Network, opening up competitions to all PC, PS4, and Xbox One players via online challenges, all of which leads to the final at the Autosport International Show at Birmingham's NEC on January 11.
There are three months, with three weeks of qualifiers each, having set locations, stages, and car classes. The weekly winners across three formats then progress to quarter-finals, which an extra place going to players who have the fastest cumulative time each month, and the quarter- and semi-finals will be held over December 7 and 8. Check out the dates in more detail below:
- 10th September: Poland - Kopina - H2 FWD
- 17th September: Argentina - Las Juntas - Group B 4WD
- 24th September: New Zealand - Te Awanga Forward - R5
- 8th October: Spain - Comienzo en Bellriu - Rally GT
- 15th October: USA - North Fork Pass - Group A
- 22nd October: Australia - Mount Kaye Pass - Group B 4WD
- 5th November: Poland - Czarny Las - H3 RWD
- 12nd November: New Zealand - Waimarama Point Reserve - R2
- 19th November: Spain - Decenso por carretera - R5
- 10th September: Hell, Norway - RX1600
- 17th September: Trois-Rivières, Canada - RX2
- 24th September: Lohéac Bretagne, France - RX Supercars
- 8th October: Montalegre, Portugal - RX Supercars
- 15th October: Silverstone, England - RX2
- 22nd October: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain - RX1600
- 5th November: Mettet, Belgium - RX2
- 12nd November: Höljes, Sweden - RX1600
- 19th November: Hell, Norway - RX Supercars
"After six months of planning, we are finally ready to launch the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship and we can't wait to get started," said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. "Our players are passionate and love the thrill of competing. We look forward to crowning our inaugural World Champions in January and wish all our players the very best of luck."
"We are delighted to be working with Codemasters to deliver the official DiRT Rally 2.0 esports programme," said Stephen Hood, Motorsport Network. "The quality of their game, combined with our capabilities within the growing esports space, will serve to provide the community with a first-class series in which to showcase their talent."
To take part all you'll need to do is head over to the World Championship tab in the main menu, choosing Qualifiers and selecting Qualifier Rally or Qualifier Rallycross.
Will you compete?