You might have heard that the remake of Resident Evil 2 came out on Friday, with fans getting the weekend to experience all the spooks once more in this shiny new package. Anticipation was high before release, and GamesIndustry.biz reports that this has translated to good sales too, as it has entered the top of the physical charts in the UK.
21 years after Resident Evil 2 originally launched on the first PlayStation in 1998, this actually marks the biggest launch since January of 2017 when Resident Evil 7: Biohazard released. This new horror game didn't top the sales of two years ago though, as Leon and Claire's nightmare managed around 18% less.
It's unsurprising to see that 74% of the sales were on PS4 considering it was revealed at Sony's conference during E3. With these figures it sits above usual suspects Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at 2 and 3 respectively, with New Super Mario Bros. U dropping to 4 after a 44% dip in sales. Ace Combat 7 also falls to 6 after a 51% decrease.
Below is the top 10 list in full. With Kingdom Hearts 3 out this week, can Resident Evil stay on top?
1. Resident Evil 2 / Capcom
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 / Rockstar
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 / Activision
4. New Super Mario Bros. U / Nintendo
5. FIFA 19 / EA Sports
6. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown / Bandai Namco
7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate / Nintendo
8. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe / Nintendo
9. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
10. Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy / Activision
Loading next content