Pokémon Sword topped the UK physical game charts on release, but after a strong debut Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has launched a counterattack to reclaim the top spot, despite a drop of 16% in sales from last week, as reported by GamesIndustry.biz.
Pokémon Sword had a 58% decline, moving to number three, while Shield dropped 65%, moving to five. Elsewhere in the charts Nintendo Switch titles are staying strong too, with Luigi's Mansion 3 at six with an 11% rise in sales, Minecraft on Switch at eight with a 43% increase, and Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 at nine after a 4% sales jump.
In fact, the top 10 has six Switch exclusives, and there are another eight in the top 40, following discounts and Black Friday sales.
Boxed sales for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order are also down 47%, but it holds onto the number two position.
Shenmue III, however, is at number 17, failing to crack the top 10 and selling a little over half of the Shenmue I and II package from last year (when comparing just PS4 sales).
For the full top 10, check down below. Are you surprised by Modern Warfare coming in first place again?
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Activision
2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order / EA
3. Pokémon Sword / Nintendo
4. FIFA 20 / EA Sports
5. Pokémon Shield / Nintendo
6. Luigi's Mansion 3 / Nintendo
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Nintendo
8. Minecraft for Switch / Nintendo
9. Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 / Sega
10. Fortnite: Darkfire Bundle / Epic Games
Loading next content