Black lines around Battlefield 3
Console version runs at 1280x704.
Getting a game like Battlefield 3 to run smoothly on consoles is not without problems, and DICE's Johan Andersson has now revealed that the console versions of the game will run at the odd 1280x704 resolution on his Twitter.
"Removing a few lines from 720p saves good performance and memory for us," Andersson explains.
"We have tiny eight-pixel black bars that often are invisible due to overscan - scaling would just ruin the picture", he goes on to explain to Digital Foundry.
- System:iOS, PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- Offline players:1
- Online players:1-64 (PC), 1-24 (PS3/X360)
- Age limit:From 16 years
- Release date:27 October 2011
- Battlefield 2 PC
- Star Wars Battlefront II Multi
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Multi
- Heroes & Generals PC
- Battlefield 4 Multi
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Multi
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multi
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Reveal Trailer
Quantum Break - Announcement Trailer
Forza Motorsport 5 - Announcement Trailer
Xbox One - Unveil Video