Ubisoft has detailed a Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta, as well as announced plans for a Ghost Recon Network.
The beta will run from April 19th to May 2nd across Xbox 360 and PS3. It'll twelve player competitive multiplayer, three classes, two modes and two maps.
The classes will be Rifleman, Engineer and Scout, the maps Pipeline and Mill. The modes are:
1. Conflict: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins. Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes.
2. Saboteur (available starting April 26th): a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team's base. Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes.
Beta access was already green-lit for Xbox 360 owners with a copy of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, or by those pre-ordering Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, who'll gain a Xbox 360 beta key. However, Ubisoft has stated additional keys will be handed out as giveaways online - though exact details are still forthcoming.
The first screens from the two maps can be seen below.
As well as the beta, Ubisoft is launching the free to download Ghost Recon Network, which will support all GR titles from now on, and can be accessed through smartphones, tablets, and web browsers.
Version 1 for iOS and Android will launch alongside Future Soldier come May 25th, and beta players will be able to trial a beta version of the GRN on Android and the main website.
By the specs, Ghost Recon Network looks to be modelled on the COD Elite model. Those features announced by the company are:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
· Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles.
· Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community.
Track player history and friends' in-game status
• Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards.
• Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets.
Receive exclusive rewards
• Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
• Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences.
Become a better player
• Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle.
• Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads.
Ubisoft also released an extensive gallery giving an insight into how the Network will look and work.
Bookmark the official site for more details as they come.