It has been revealed that unit sales of video games in the UK are down 29% against the same period of last year.
The GfK Chart-Track data indicates 2,314,424 games were sold in February, generating ú55 million for retailers, and according to MCV, that represents a 25% drop from revenues last year.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the most popular game of last month, fighting off competition from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. The presence of FIFA 12 (3rd), Battlefield 3 (4th) and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (10th) in the top ten meant that EA was well represented. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 also made the top five.
Here's the complete list:
1. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square-Enix)
2. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Battlefield 3 (EA)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
6. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
8. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA)