Beenox's action title is launching alongside the recent theatrical release of the similarly-titled movie, and despite a lacklustre critical response, has done well enough at retail to top the charts. It's also Activision's first chart-topping game since Call of Duty: Ghosts launched late last year.
There's a couple of other new entries worth mentioning. Child of Light, which had an altogether better critical reception, was able to debut inside the top ten. Mario Golf: World Tour on 3DS landed just outside the top twenty (22nd).
Other than that it's a bit of a reshuffle. Lego The Hobbit slips out of the top five. FIFA 14 and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil swap places but both retain their top five status. Dark Souls II was given a boost thanks to the recently released PC version of the brutal RPG. Other than that there's nothing particularly noteworthy to tell you about.
Here's the GfK Chart-Track top twenty in full:
1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Activision
2. Titanfall | EA
3. FIFA 14 | EA
4. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil | EA
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts | Activision
6. Minecraft | Microsoft
7. Lego The Hobbit | Warner Bros.
8. The Lego Movie Videogame | Warner Bros.
9. Child of Light | Ubisoft
10. Battlefield 4 | EA
11. Lego Marvel Super Heroes | Warner Bros.
12. South Park: The Stick of Truth | Ubisoft
13. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare | EA
14. Dark Souls II | Bandai Namco
15. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes | Konami
16. Infamous: Second Son | Sony
17. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag | Ubisoft
18. Grand Theft Auto V | Take 2
19. Trials Fusion | Ubisoft
20. Batman: Arkham Origins | Warner Bros.