We are LIVE Streaming

The Evil Within

Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Off-topic

Feel free to discuss anything not to do with games in ...

Chat 1.0

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
The texts and articles are good, but we need more active users to be able to attract more users. It's just a matter of beginning the circle. And perhaps a pair of active moderators.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
DalleUSSR
DalleUSSR
Quote Strategist:
The texts and articles are good, but we need more active users to be able to attract more users. It's just a matter of beginning the circle. And perhaps a pair of active moderators.

And great subject like Bacon!

Maybe the problem can be found in the users at the other forums. It's like the mentality is some sort of "This is our part of GR, why post somewhere else", instead of the "we are one big family" as I recall in a response to some Swedish dude posting in the DK forums which stirred up a hornets nest

But yeah... contributing

" A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Well. The best would be if the eu-forums could attract a user base of its own, not borrowing activity from the other national sites. Though the possibility this site leaves of interaction between the forums is positive. Still I think the main goal here is to attract users and readers in England and other parts of the European Union.

Obviously there's a lot of readers of this site as it still exists. Gamereactor wouldn't keep this site running if it wasn't economically viable. Also, as said before, most of the articles are of great quality and they keep the site regularly updated. Gamereactor TV alone is probably populated enough by viewers outside the Scandinavian/Nordic countries to be a good reason for keeping the site up and running. But it would be nice if we could get some of all those readers to create users and comment on news pieces and in the forum(s).

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
DalleUSSR
DalleUSSR
yeah, you're probably right......

But still, if the user's of the Scandinavian site began visiting this then this site would (as you said) seem more attractive to others.
To do that, maybe integrate the different versions so you actually get notices about activity in here on , lets say, the Danish.

You have to log on on this site to view if you got a reply on this forum. Much better would it be, if it didn't matter which site you log into, but still could get the notices.

" A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
If I just check in regularly I still see that you just made a reply to my previous post. But still; fair point well made. Anything to better integrate the sites and make user transition more smooth would probably have positive effects, I agree.

DalleUSSR
DalleUSSR
phew... Just finished Dragon Age: Origins + all the DLC to it. Took me a little over 53 hours to complete, and I still kinda want more

giggychief
giggychief
I just saw a few Guild Wars 2 trailers. That game is really looking awesome

GR's Minecraftere ®
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I agree. I look forward to this year's E3. Hope NCsoft will show up.

giggychief
giggychief
I hope Blizzard shows up and finally gives us a release date for Diablo III, and maybe some news about that super secret Titan project of theirs.

E3 is always something to look forward to

GR's Minecraftere ®
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I'm even more expectant about E3 this year though. There's a couple cool games that I'm waiting for at the moment.

giggychief
giggychief
How can you say a couple ? Theres a LOT

GR's Minecraftere ®
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
There's a lot of exciting stuff but only a couple games that I'm overly excited about.

Parkour Gamer
Parkour Gamer
Haha! In Norway we have Chat 3.5 now!
Anybody gonna buy Brink? It looks amazing! But, the shooting dosnt looks right. But a mix between Mirrors Edge and MW2 is awesome. And that is Brink.

(Yes, my english suck! )

Quote DalleUSSR:
Quote Strategist:

And great subject like Bacon!

Maybe the problem can be found in the users at the other forums. It's like the mentality is some sort of "This is our part of GR, why post somewhere else", instead of the "we are one big family" as I recall in a response to some Swedish dude posting in the DK forums which stirred up a hornets nest

But yeah... contributing

I am Norwegian, but i am visiting you guys! There is alot of norwegians on English GR. Like Strategist, fattigmann, Sommerstad 97, me, and probaly som other

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
It has been a giant blast in the Norwegian Capital Oslo. Indications suggest it is a major terrorist attack.
The Prime Minister's Office has been hit, and the administrative buildings around there are damaged. Several people are confirmed dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14252515

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
Wow. I had heard about some attacks in Denmark in the past, because of the whole Muhammad Cartoon over-reaction. Never heard about one in Norway though. I feel for the nation.

Iceland is luckily free of all this stuff. Wouldn't make sense targeting a country that doesn't have an army and stays away from all international conflicts. Might also just mean that we have absolutely no balls and no interest in standing up for our convictions

http://ingvi.steinsson.org
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
We had it coming at least.

Iceland is too small a country though.

Apparently they've already arrested a couple of people at the airport. And they've stopped searching for more bombs, though they are still evacuating buildings far from the blast.

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
Considering the role that the Nordic countries have adopted for themselves as the US's lap dogs, I'd say that it's surprising that nothing has happened sooner. Iceland isn't exactly innocent on that account though.
But yes, Iceland is a very small target, and it's virtually impossible to smuggle weapons or explosives there.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Iceland hasn't even adapted that role. You've been US lapdogs since your independence.

Denmark and Sweden has already been hit by attacks. And Norway has lately played with double cards in our peace-keeping slash US sidekick.

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
True. Joining NATO was of course our first step to surgically attach our lips to the US's rear ends. The first ever mass riot broke out as a result of that. Never before had the Icelandic police used gas on citizens.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Now it's nearly certain that the attacks executed by a local radical group against the established parliamentary system, rather than an attack by islamic extremists. Despite that several organizations tied to Al Qaeda have claimed responsibility for the attack.
The nature of the attacks taken into account this seems probable. Besides, the shooter at Utøya has been confirmed to be Norwegian, with no foreign accent. It's likely not tied to islam at all.

That's a relief, not that much of a surprise, and a (another) punch in the face to the many closet racists here in Norway.

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
Touché. I must admit that that was my first thought as well.
I guess I learned something today: Don't automatically assume that when a car bomb goes off or someone goes on a shooting spree, that it has anything to do with religion.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I've made many comments today, of various content, but I was immediately careful not to convince myself this had to be islamists. There was a few hours though, when the majority of indications pointed towards it being islamists. That was about the time I posted the news here, so you might have been mislead by me actually.

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
Well, the media as well. I immediately turned the TV to CNN and they were talking about the past incidents in Denmark and Sweden right off the bat.
I don't know if, considering recent world events, I would have thought any differently had I only learned that a bomb had gone off in Norway.
It's amazing how a few deluded individuals can ruin a whole culture's reputation.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Here's the culprit btw: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002651290254

He's a conservative christian (though not with much care for human life seemingly), and a nationalist and harsh supporter of the rightwing party FRP here in Norway.

Appended 2011-07-23 01:36:
Oh. And he's a gamer. So the media will probably dwell for a long time on his habit of playing Call of Duty and World of Warcraft.

IngviSnaedal
IngviSnaedal
Yebb. It's amazing how they can sometimes manage to take an activity that 80% of the world does and make it seem as though that's the reason they went postal.
Conservative Christian? Those are no better than the any other religious group, they just tend to kill people intellectually rather than literally.

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!