Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Games

Feel free to discuss anything to do with games in this forum. But remember to keep it in English!

Halo 4 Thread

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
There's plenty of new details out regarding Halo 4. What are your thoughts on 343's ideas so far?

I have to say that I'm bloody delighted to hear that they're using a drop-in play feature, meaning less games will be ruined by noobs quitting out after a few seconds of game.

Benke
Redaktör
Benke
There are some interesting ideas there for sure. Can't help but think that they have been forced to innovate as Halo has been losing its position as the online shooter of choice on the platform over these last few years.

Remains to be seen how it all stacks up, but it feels like make or break time for the franchise with Halo 4. Not that it would be the last game, but if they ever hope to regain that position as the biggest franchise on the planet they need it to deliver. Big time.

Bengt Lemne / Gamereactor
Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
My biggest fear is that it turns out to be an 8. Good, but not great. There are plenty of concerned fans (myself included), that are worried that 343 will struggle to meet Bungie's high standards. I hope they can, I really fecking hope they can. Q4 is too long to wait to find out dammit!

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
Anybody going to stick a deposit down for the Limited Edition or Console Edition of the game? And which looks better, the Reach console? Or the new Halo 4 edition?

Gillen McAllister
GR®
Gillen McAllister
Nope nope nope. Will maybe go for the Limited Edition - Reach packaging was lovely, but I'm more interested on what's on the disc!

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
I won't be getting a console, that's for sure. It's the sound effects that put me off. They just don't sound as good as the Reach console's sfx. That said, I can't afford to fork out on a new machine either... Now the limited edition, that's a different story altogether.

aschoolboyerror
aschoolboyerror
I just fear that they attempt to meet the competition (I.e. cod) rather than produce an alternative. I have enjoyed both franchises, however it was the markedly different play styles and features which kept me coming back to both. Now certainly there are innovations which cod have brought to the genre of fps which should be embraced, such as the drop in and play feature mr Holmes mentioned above, but I don't want to be making a choice on which game I play based only upon the aesthetics of 'real-world-military' vs 'science fiction-military'. I have voiced my concerns now but to be honest in that scenario Halo would win hands down for me each time. BO-YA!

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!