Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Games

Feel free to discuss anything to do with games in this forum. But remember to keep it in English!

Diablo III

Viper7
Viper7
So Blizzards next big title has finally reached its beta stage, and will launch sometime in 1Q next year. I have never managed to actually play trough Diablo 2 (Have managed to start and play it like half way trough couple of times but..) but games like Torchlight, Sacred 2 and Titan quest have been a blast so I'am really looking forward for this game.

More info can of course be found from:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/games/4436/Diablo+III/

So any other hack and slash RPG fans out there waiting for this giant?

The game is to be released for PC but there are some rumors and speculations for console version. Personally would love to see this happen (after the PC version of course so there's no accidental consolification) as Sacred2 worked really well with controller, but my computer should be able to run the game as well.

>_>
darthstudley
so how will it be simplified to operate with the console controllers???/

Benke
Redaktör
Benke
I think you have to go with direct controls on consoles, but hopefully the entire game will be re-designed to better suit console gaming. Camera closer to the action, streamlined interface.

Something I heard from a source more than a year back was that Blizzard were looking more at games like God of War rather than making a straight port of the PC content. It makes sense, especially if the console version is due out at a later date.

Bengt Lemne / Gamereactor
Gillen McAllister
GR®
Gillen McAllister
I seem to be the only one in this regard, but I'm not really feeling this game. Maybe I'm missing some great universal truth?

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
The first two passed me by to be fair, didn't really get into it on the brief occasions i played the first two. That said, it does look like a lot of effort has gone into the game, and i appreciate that. for some reason I'm really looking forward to playing it. it does help that i know some people who REALLY cant wait to play it; that kind of enthusiasm is infectious.

mr creosote
mr creosote
This game looks deeeeep. Can't wait.

mr creosote
mr creosote
All this talk of Diablo had me go on battlenet and buy Starcraft II. I want to play a Blizzard game but I cant be arsed with WoW.

Viper7
Viper7
Quote mr creosote:
All this talk of Diablo had me go on battlenet and buy Starcraft II. I want to play a Blizzard game but I cant be arsed with WoW.

Quote darthstudley:
so how will it be simplified to operate with the console controllers???/

Sacred2 console version had 14 hotkeys for moves, skills and potions. I don't think you can have more than that on PC without making the game too complex.

All tough I don't really like how many of these games focus too much on the point and click mechanic when you could easily just make these games more like twin-stick shooters. I mean why would an archer stop to shoot an arrow if hes been chased by dozen of demons. But guess this would make the game too fast paced, hectic, too easy or "not diablo".

>_>
Viper7
Viper7
So the game is finally getting released and some may actually already have it so I think its time to bump this thread a bit for possible discussion about the game.

Already ordered mine and set up a battlenet account, and warming up by few other action rpgs in my game library.

I'll probably be picking the monk, altough there are few other characters that also seem interesting.

>_>
Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
I'm with you on the Monk front.

Viper7
Viper7
Been playing the game for a while now and while it provided some enjoyment up to inferno difficulty, it's been getting a bit dull after finishing the game for 3 times already.

Blizzard has had it pretty tough with the launch, but at least they are working and actively patching the game unlike many developers.

Monk class has been pretty fun to play tough, doing this build that focuses boosting himself trough combos. Link to build, for those interested.

>_>
Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
Finally got round to getting started on Diablo III. I'm as impressed as I thought I'd be. Went with the Monk in the end, though I'm likely to go back and have another go with a second class. Maybe something ranged? Anyone got any decent tips/builds for Demon Hunters?

Viper7
Viper7
Quote Mike Holmes:
Finally got round to getting started on Diablo III. I'm as impressed as I thought I'd be. Went with the Monk in the end, though I'm likely to go back and have another go with a second class. Maybe something ranged? Anyone got any decent tips/builds for Demon Hunters?

Dunno but if you plan to play for long, better focus on elemental and physical resists, as they become rather important end game (Hell and inferno difficulty).

Haven't tried demon hunter yet tough, might give it and mage a try sometime.

>_>
Viper7
Viper7
Seems that there's pretty hefty balancing patch incoming. Special mobs will be adjusted, classes will be tweaked and probably some pretty meaningful modifications to loot and drops rates as well.

Maybe ill give this game another whirl when the patch gets released, kinda lost interest on inferno. (which is pretty good considering, that there are not many games I have completed more than 2 times in past few years)

>_>

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!

BETA +