Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Games

Feel free to discuss anything to do with games in this forum. But remember to keep it in English!

Chat 1.0

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I realized that we need a chat-thread to get this forum going.

Write about what you are doing right now, what you are looking forward to, or just chat about whatever randomness gets into your mind right now.

Only, a few rules should apply:
-Of course; don't break the general forum rules which can be found here.
-Be civil
-No spam

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
Petter Mårtensson
Skribent
Petter Mårtensson
Great initiative! Let's get the chat rolling, I suppose...

So what am I doing right now? Getting ready to go to bed - just did some nice PvP in Star Wars Galaxies. I hope to get at least one extra rank, if not two, this week. Trying to get to Colonel, so I can get my hands on one of those sweet BARC Command Vehicles...yum yum yum! Probably going to take a few more weeks, though, if not more.

Petter Mårtensson / Gamereactor
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I think I have an unhealthy circadian rhythm. I'm preparing to go to bed now, which seems to be a bit late.
I can't boast to have played until now. Rather I have surfed the wide web watching time float by. However, I'm in London, which is my excuse for not gaming. Enjoying the last few days of Interrailing before returning to Norway to go to the University.

Wish I could just stay here in London. Not that I don't look forward to start studying. Just that I enjoy being in England very much and probably wouldn't leave, ever, if I had the choice.

Tomorrow I think I have to take a look in one of the big Game stores here in London. Too bad I have a full backpack. Otherwise I would have bought the StarCraft II Collector's Edition here in London and brought it home on the plane.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
Petter Mårtensson
Skribent
Petter Mårtensson
Heh, I don't think you have to worry - the last games store I walked into still had a pile of them in stock. As always with Collector's Editions, they are almost always bountiful and they will probably drop in price soon.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I'm not worried that there won't be any CEs left. It's just that I am somewhat eccentric about London and England and there's a special feeling about stuff bought there. Also I hope they haven't translated the cover of the CE-box for sale in Norway or anything. Norwegian writings on my game covers are sooo irritating.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
For some reason I can't seem to post in any threads other than this one. Is there a technical problem with Gamereactor.eu?

EDIT: Oh. Now it suddenly worked, after having tried several times today without success.

AcH Clawed
AcH Clawed
Wow, these forums are even more inactive then the Norwegian ones! I didn´t even know that was spossible!

Røyker ikke, snuser ikke, bruker ikke dop, alt jeg vil ha er MELK!
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I would protest that the Norwegian forum isn't really inactive.

Petter Mårtensson
Skribent
Petter Mårtensson
Hey, stop complaining and help us get them more active then... ;)

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Will do, sir.

Appended 2010-11-05 03:52:
Problem is, there's only so many threads here, and I've posted in each and every one of them (almost). I'm desperately dodging the double-post-rule, leaving me with no option but to create an entirely new topic each time I want to say something.

I think the forum needs a better structure to invite discussions. Also: cleanup. It's not helping this forum that a considerable proportion of what little has been posted here is outright spam; most of it not even in English, but rather in Swedish (or Dannish/Norwegian). The 100% spamrate in the Groups-section is not healthy.

I see that Benke may have cleaned up in the user reviews section and the forum since last time I cared to check. Also the worst blogs, though still there are blogs in Swedish there.

Petter Mårtensson
Skribent
Petter Mårtensson
It wasn't directed towards you, though. Sorry.

I'll take a look at it when I have time, sadly we're kinda swamped right now. We'll see what we can do to get these forums a bit more active and cleaned up. Thanks for the heads up about what needs to be done.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
No problem. Just pleased to be of help. I would really like this forum to get things going. It would promote communiction between the Scandinavina forums, and spread the word, and distinct particularity, of Gamereactor to the World. It would be great to be able to discuss in English on Gamereactor.

AcH Clawed
AcH Clawed
Quote Strategist:
I would protest that the Norwegian forum isn't really inactive.

Most of the threads on the Norwegian forums, excpet from Chat 3.5, The Halo Reach and the CoD: BO thread, it can take up to hours before someone are posting anything at all.

That´s why I am here on the international forums in the first place!

Røyker ikke, snuser ikke, bruker ikke dop, alt jeg vil ha er MELK!
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Quote AcH Clawed:
Most of the threads on the Norwegian forums, excpet from Chat 3.5, The Halo Reach and the CoD: BO thread, it can take up to hours before someone are posting anything at all.
Well. It's a forum, not a chat or IRC-channel. So you can't really expect to recieve an answer right away. Yet we have numerous active threads each day. And the activity are growing.

Yet we have launched an initiative to promote more activity and are hoping that it will work. Be patient with us, and help us by being active yourself, and I believe you will be able to see a great increase in forum activity over the next couple of months.

Livlig
Livlig
To really get people to write stuff in here, maybe an achievement system should be in place. I know that I personally didn't hang around Giant Bomb that much (at least not in the community) although I became more inclined to when I had something to do.

So maybe not an achievement system, but something that keeps people around. You need something that appeals. Something that isn't in every forum in the world.

For starters you could ask some of the more active members on the other Gamereactor forums to write some posts here every once in awhile, or to blog in english. A little activity would make others more keen on being here.

electronic monolith throw a jam upon the disc
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
In my opinion Gamereactor.eu failed to grab the initiative when it came to attracting users from the scandinavian site. When the site was first up most of the links for navigating to the forum was dead. Quite a few of the most active users in Norway found the new forum interesting at first, but once it had been a while without any activity and a bunch of broken links was still around most people stopped bothering to check in on the forum any more. I'm the only one sticking around.

As said over and over again I'd really like this forum to get up and running. Anything I can do to help I'll try.

I totally support the idea of a Gamereactor Achievements-system btw. People have been requesting that in the Norwegian forum for ages.

Livlig
Livlig
Happy Christmas all active and not-so active users! Today is the 1st of december, and we all know what that means. 24 days of awesome. Cheers!

electronic monolith throw a jam upon the disc
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
In the Norwegian forums 1st of December means that everyone gives their avatar a santa hat. Almost like the Avatar-day you have in the Swedish forum every june 1st.

Chaplin
Chaplin
Quote Strategist:
In the Norwegian forums 1st of December means that everyone gives their avatar a santa hat. Almost like the Avatar-day you have in the Swedish forum every june 1st.

Almost every member of the Swedish forum do the same. Or at least give their avatar a Christmas theme of some kind. I guess I'll have make a Christmas version of mine soon.

Ninjor klär bäst i svart.
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
We could at least easily organise so every active member of the .eu-forum got a christmas avatar

fattigmann
fattigmann
Yeah, santa hats are awesome!

Jeg er tøff på internett
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
They are indeed.

Ursa Minora
I think celebrating New Year is underrated. Celebrating a new year properly, would make much more sense, than the tradition of celebrating the possibility of the birth of a two thousand year old prophet. Of course, moving such a major worldwide event would seem impossible.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
In this respect I would like to also bring into question exactly when a new year starts. "New Year" has changed date several times through history.
Anyway. In China I think, they are more adept at celebrating the coming of a new year.

Chrysis_ignita
Chrysis_ignita
Well I will do my part here and post the first thing in the thread for 2011.

This site need something more to attract users.

Everything dies, even stars//GRs Summer Awards 2011

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!

BETA +