Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Games

Feel free to discuss anything to do with games in this forum. But remember to keep it in English!

Co-op gaming.

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
I'm really excited about Aliens: Colonial Marines and the co-op features coming with the game. Who else is looking forward to ACM, and what over quality co-op experiences can you recommend to others out there who like to play on the same team?

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I have no specific anticipation of ACM, but I do like co-op. Whether it be split-screen or online. It gave a whole new dimension to Portal 2 and made much of the experience that I had of both The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on Playstation 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
Lee West
Chefredaktør
Lee West
Co-op = pure win. Hell I would recommend Sacred even if it was a bug infested pile of ****. And I played it for several hundred hours just because of same screen co-op. But no talk of co-op without mentioning the first Gears of War. Pure bliss. And the first game in ages to pull me and a buddy in so far that we didn't stop playing till it was completed.

((-_-))
Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
Some of my fondest memories of gaming are of me and three friends playing the Halo 3 and Halo Reach campaigns to death in co-op.

Voodooyaz
Voodooyaz
I do love co-op gaming but I noticed for some games where timing is essential it can be a bit problematic, take Battlefield 3 co-op Drop 'em Like Liquid for example, silent sniping, between two players online, to take out multiple targets can be quite frustrating when there is a delay over mics, we found we had to count down but would actually fire on different numbers to coincide our kills!

@Mike if you get Colonial Marines for PS3 i'll join you for some co-op!

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
@Voodooyaz We'll have to see which way the console gods decide to send me. I've got a mate who's been talking about ACM for months, nay years. He's on Xbox. Were I to abandon him he may never forgive me.

Viper7
Viper7
Quote Mike Holmes:
what over quality co-op experiences can you recommend to others out there who like to play on the same team?

Well for fps co-op games I'd really recommend Borderlands and probably it's upcoming sequel. Having 2 characters with their unique skills really brings out new tactics to the way you can tackle enemies.

For portable games, Monster hunter series and MGS: Peace walker are both great choices and offer a lot of good co-op gameplay. With AD-HOC party on PS3 you don't even need to leave the house.

The recently launched Diablo3 also features pretty rich co-op experience. Slaughtering enemies wave after wave and sharing/selling/trading gear really brings out what co-op is all about.

>_>
Gillen McAllister
GR®
Gillen McAllister
Any side-scrolling beat'em ups: Guardians Heroes and the newly released Streets of Rage trilogy are still great years later. Secret of Mana's three-player co-op is definitely worth the effort as well.

I finally got round to trying out Trine 2 via Wii U, and the different character class abilities seems to have potential for joint adventuring (though how much you need to work together for puzzles remains to be seen), while either Rayman Origins and the upcoming Legends will likely end with you strangling a buddy's neck for fouling otherwise perfect platform runs.

Baltharan
Baltharan
You know, sometimes you see a thread that hasn't been commented on in over 3 months and think 'better not touch that' and sometimes you think 'screw it! I've got something to say'.

Dynasty Warriors!!! Possibly the most dissapointing, most in need of a change of formula, tired engine atrocities in single player gaming. Stick a control pad in the hand of someone in the same room and it becomes one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences you can have.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I play co-op sort of with a friend in The Secret World. Playing with a friend and communicating via Skype makes any MMO much more fun.
Right now I'm also trying to set up a co-op campaign in Total War: Shogun 2 with a friend. We tried in Napoleon: Total War previously, but the options in Shogun 2 allows for more freedom.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!