Gamereactor International English / Dansk / Svenska / Norsk / Suomi / Deutsch / Italiano / Español / Português

Forgot password?
I'm not a member, but I want to be

Or log in with a Facebook account
FacebookFacebook
Sort order newest
Atrás

Games

Feel free to discuss anything to do with games in this forum. But remember to keep it in English!

The Game Detective

JeppeJeppeDK
JeppeJeppeDK
You know that game you spent hours and hours playing, or the one you just got to try out briefly but found brilliant (one way or the other)... The only problem is that you don't have a clue what the title of the game is (it's a problem googling nothing). Well, the Game Detective is here to help.

Can you remember anything? Genre, location, developer, year, graphics, soundtrack?
Bring it on and all of GR will gladly try to help...

It was the best of times. It was the BLURST OF TIMES!!!
Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
My game is a strategy title. It could still be America, as you suggested elsewhere, but I didn't find screenshots from the game that I recognized.

I didn't play it myself, I only watched my cousin play it for maybe half an hour or so. It was probably around the early 2000 or very late 1990s.

I remember that some kind of world was created, with water i the lower left corner. Fish were created and fisheries placed in the water where there were fish. There might also have been sharks or whales.

This was probably in some mode for creating custom maps.

On land several peaceful animals were created. And some peaceful farmers or something. Then something that attacked the peaceful animals and stuff were created. It might have been a red team versus a blue team, but I might be imagining that. Then somehow the player made the peaceful farmers evolve and take to horseback and attack the enemy. I think that you could create almost whatever you wanted, and they would live peacefully together, but if you introduced more advanced units, or upgraded the units beyond a certain level, they would become aggressive towards the other team. Also I don't think the evolution of units was necessarily logical. People could become objects of machines I think.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
JeppeJeppeDK
JeppeJeppeDK
Hmm a longshot but what about Empire Earth (2001)?

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Thanks. I think it might be Empire Earth. I'm not sure, since I can't find videos that show the same units and environment that I remember, but it looks very similar in many ways. I won't be sure until I buy it or something though.

I've thought that it might be Empire Earth. I assumed the game I was remembering was either from the Empire Earth, Age of Empires or some of the other more famous strategy series of the early part of this decade. At some point I plan to buy all of those series to find out which it is for sure, and to play them all.

••• Abusus non tollit usum! •••                                                                                                      Moderatorsjef @ Gamereactor®                                          
JeppeJeppeDK
JeppeJeppeDK
The Age of Empires series... I've lost so many hours of my life to that series...

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I know the feeling. I've spent so many hours playing Total War series, that I haven't had the time to invest in all of the other strategy series. I've adopted some of them in recent years, but the older ones I haven't had the chance to get yet.

Appended 2012-05-03 05:44:
What would be great was if I could get all good old games on GOG.com.

Mike Holmes
GR®
Mike Holmes
Quote Strategist:
At some point I plan to buy all of those series to find out which it is for sure, and to play them all.

Age of Mythology is well worth a look.

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
Quote Mike Holmes:
Age of Mythology is well worth a look.
Yeah. I've got that on my list too, although I'm not that happy about someone putting magic or gods in my strategy.

Gillen McAllister
GR®
Gillen McAllister
This sounds like a challenge. Can you tell me the BOTH names of the Mega Drive platformer that was given a completely different visual look when it was ported from Japan to the west? a magic carpet-style environment turned into a zombie special similar to Ghouls N Ghosts.

(I know, but I'm just testing you!)

Strategist
Community Manager
Strategist
I just bought Empire Earth 1, 2 & 3 fifty percent off on GOG.com, so then I'll find out for sure if that's the game that I am looking for. However that has to be after I'm done with the Home Exam that I'm having right now.

aschoolboyerror
aschoolboyerror
Help, WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS GAME CALLED. You where an elephant and it was on the sega mega drive/genesis. That's all I know. If anyone can help you can, GR.

Viper7
Viper7
Quote aschoolboyerror:
Help, WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS GAME CALLED. You where an elephant and it was on the sega mega drive/genesis. That's all I know. If anyone can help you can, GR.

Rolo to the rescue?

Used the magic power of Google for this one.

---

This one is probably a NES game as I played it on my Video game system called SUBOR D 25 (a Nes / Famicon clone). It was on the 765 games cart.

You controlled a robot of some sort which was able to shoot these ball shaped bullets. You could use the bullets to fly around the map and if I recall correctly collect something.

If I remember correctly it also supported 2 player mode and played pretty catchy music when game was paused.

>_>

You must be logged in to comment. If you are not yet a member - join now!

BETA +